Experience Canyons of the Ancients like never before!
Let Southwest Colorado Canyons Alliance provide educated and experienced guides to help you get the most out of your visit to Canyons of the Ancients National Monument. We offer half-day, full-day and other adventures for all ages and fitness levels.
Some of our reviews:
“We spent a week hiking and visiting Anasazi sites in the Four Corners area. Our guide on Canyons of the Ancients was perfect, patiently explaining the basics, but also enriching and extending the knowledge of the well informed members of the group. She was sensitive to the needs of our diverse group AND she kept us laughing!” ~ Joel G.
“Hiking through the Canyons of the Ancients National Monument is fun and beautiful. However, hiking under the guidance and with the experience of our guide from SCCA provided a very rich and interesting contextual experience that one should not miss. There are so many questions surrounding the living of the Puebloans at the time, their cultures and their exodus that our guide was able to address and enrich with her archaeological background, that our time with her was really extraordinary. I am grateful for her knowledge, enthusiasm and engagement to make our visit even more memorable and truly worth a return visit in the future.” ~ frg0125
Add your own review HERE.
TOUR DATES FILL QUICKLY, SO RESERVE YOURS TODAY!!
OUR YEAR-ROUND TOURS:
Want to learn about the past with an easy or moderate experience? Click HERE!
Good hikes with an educational focus can be found HERE.
Are you an adventurer who wants a challenge? Click HERE!
Family vacation? Click HERE for activities tailored for your family.
HERE is our year-round tour and hike brochure.
AUGUST 1-JANUARY 31 TOURS:
Autumn is the best season to visit Southwest Colorado! Cool, crisp days and colorful foliage enhance the exceptional beauty of your hike! Even winter days can provide perfect hiking conditions in lower elevations!
Click HERE for MODERATE HIKES.
Click HERE for CHALLENGING HIKES.
Checklist for ALL tours:
- Appropriate clothing (determined by route and weather)
- Boots (recommended for strenuous hikes) or athletic shoes
- Hat (strongly recommended) and/or sunglasses
- WATER (1 gallon/day on full-day hikes, especially in summer)
- Food (snacks and lunch)
- Insect repellent (May-June gnat season; ask for recommendations)
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY & COVID-19 HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE (sign online) or
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY (PDF: print and sign) AND
- COVID-19 HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE (PDF: print and sign)
- Pay for your tour HERE under “Special Events.”
- Meet your guide and have a wonderful time! Gratuities gratefully accepted.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST FORM. WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU!